Ever since I was a very young kid I’ve been watching professional wrestling. As a kid it was a form of escapism for me and then I started watching it with my dear grandmother until she passed away. I’ve considered wrestling as a special bond between me and my grandmother so I have always continued watching professional wrestling throughout the years into adulthood. However these days it’s not so much the wrestling but the business side of things that keep me entertained these days. The business side of wrestling is pretty cutthroat and can be just as entertaining if not more than actual wrestling these days. Oh how I miss the old days of the WWE/WWF and especially ECW, those were the glory years of true wrestling.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Wrestling Fans

Something I want to make clear right from the beginning is I am not a fan boy of any particular wrestling company whatsoever. I am a fan of wrestling in particular realistic straight up wrestling. Nevertheless back in the day I was a major WWF fan which is WWE now, however the company is very different today than when it started under Vincent Kennedy "Vince" McMahon’s father. Yes it’s true the company is way larger financially now than it was before however the wrestling presentation and storylines is vastly different. Concerning the format change from yesteryear onto today’s corporate world, the majority of his core audience views it as a negative.

Nevertheless like I said before I am a fan of wrestling and I still watch WWE programming every week is much as I can. At the time of this posting the WWE has three hours of Monday Night Raw programming and an additional two hours of Smackdown, which I end up fast forwarding through a lot. I try to fast-forward through the junk because five hours is a lot and I also watch TNA Impact wrestling as well and that is an additional two hours of programming. So as you can see in any given week I watch roughly over seven hours of professional wrestling programming.

Truthfully these days I use wrestling mostly as background noise as I do work on the computer and other things around the house. Having said that, whenever I see a good match occurring I will sit down and watch every second of the match. A great wrestling match with a good storyline to go with it can still thrill me. A great match with a good storyline is the complete deal however these days we are lucky to get one or the other. The bottom line is that I don’t want to sound like I hate today’s scene, smart wrestling fan or I am some kind of snob but I love decent wrestling and I don’t give dam what company provides it. God dam “it’s still real to me”, LoL just an inside joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment