Ever since I was a very young kid I’ve been watching professional wrestling. As a kid it was a form of escapism for me and then I started watching it with my dear grandmother until she passed away. I’ve considered wrestling as a special bond between me and my grandmother so I have always continued watching professional wrestling throughout the years into adulthood. However these days it’s not so much the wrestling but the business side of things that keep me entertained these days. The business side of wrestling is pretty cutthroat and can be just as entertaining if not more than actual wrestling these days. Oh how I miss the old days of the WWE/WWF and especially ECW, those were the glory years of true wrestling.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Wrestling Companies WWE TNA ROH ECW WCW

I was wondering and thinking about what my first post on this blog was going to be about. There are literally thousands of different topics and subtopics about the wrestling business I could talk about and then it hit me. It is something I think about any time I read about the business of wrestling and read the various comments from countless wrestling fans on the Internet. It is something that has always bothered me, I consider myself very open-minded person yet still think’s logically and it makes no sense to me why people think like this.

I am referring to the notion that only the WWE should exist and everything else should just go out of business and just disappear from the wrestling landscape. The WWE truly have some fanatical fans of the company sometimes it seems even borderline obsessed fans. And many of them truly love wrestling and they happen to be very loyal to the WWE however they don’t seem to realize wrestling doesn’t just mean the WWE, especially these days. I never been a fanatic of any particular company, I follow wrestling and whoever has the best realest wrestling and that’s what I watch and enjoy the most.

There are many reasons why they shouldn’t be just one wrestling company, just right off the back in the United States that would be a monopoly and that’s illegal. In no particular order here are a couple other major reasons why we need multiple wrestling companies surviving and thriving. One of the most important reasons is competition, without competition people/organizations have a tendency to become complacent. And when people and companies become complacent their product and their services start to deteriorate. For example stupid bunny costumed wrestling matches coupled with horrible acted skits!

Another very important reason why competition is needed is because without other wrestling companies out there the wrestlers are trapped in one company with no other place to go to. Without the other wrestling companies the wrestlers chances of getting raises and another contract benefits are greatly reduced to them. If there is only one company hiring wrestlers then you have a situation where it’s either do it our way or hit the highway. People tend to forget because of the wrestling personas that many wrestlers have families and other loved ones to feed and support with their salaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment