Ever since I was a very young kid I’ve been watching professional wrestling. As a kid it was a form of escapism for me and then I started watching it with my dear grandmother until she passed away. I’ve considered wrestling as a special bond between me and my grandmother so I have always continued watching professional wrestling throughout the years into adulthood. However these days it’s not so much the wrestling but the business side of things that keep me entertained these days. The business side of wrestling is pretty cutthroat and can be just as entertaining if not more than actual wrestling these days. Oh how I miss the old days of the WWE/WWF and especially ECW, those were the glory years of true wrestling.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

WrestleMania Random Thoughts

Well it’s that day today; WrestleMania is officially couple hours away. To be quite honest I was going to today’s WrestleMania not anticipating very much at all unlike other passed WrestleMania’s. Really the only match that had me looking forward to it was triple H versus Sting however within the last week thinks have changed dramatically. Brock Lesnar finally made a decision and re-signed with the WWE and has said goodbye to mixed martial arts (MMA) forever. You have to give it to the man he weighed his options, he played the game just right and most people would say he made the best choice for him his family and his health.

So since this has happened the main event for WrestleMania is now completely up in the air. Before this happened it was virtually hundred percent lock Brock was going to lose the match to Roman reigns. But now that Brock Lesnar has re-signed that pretty much changes the dynamics, it now has people more emotionally involved in the match. Now the match has people truly wondering who is going to be the winner Brock Lesnar or Roman reigns or maybe even money in the bank winner Seth Rollins somehow gets involved.

You got to give it to Vincent Kennedy McMahon when he truly wants something he gets it, and this was definitely a score for the WWE retaining Brock Lesnar. Also like I mentioned before triple H versus Sting that one should be pretty interesting match as well. Even though triple H hasn’t really been in the match for long time he can always bring it especially in WrestleMania. Now even though the WWE will make it seem like Sting hasn’t wrestled in multiple years that is not true because real wrestling fans has seen Sting wrestle in TNA. We all know that Sting can still go and when the man is excited and anxious to show his best he can go as good as anybody out there today even at his age.

Another match which is interesting to me is the Undertaker versus Bray Wyatt. For me overall the match is not super interesting to me in fact I would’ve preferred the undertaker versus Sting however I’m glad to see the undertaker after last year’s WrestleMania in which he took the beating from Brock Lesnar. I hope he appears more rejuvenated today and can put out a good performance as he has always done so before. But these are my picks for these matches triple H versus Sting: sting wins all the way, Brock Lesnar versus Roman reigns: I personally would like to see Brock destroy Roman and finally Undertaker versus Bray Wyatt: I hope undertaker takes him out: may he rest in peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment