Ever since I was a very young kid I’ve been watching professional wrestling. As a kid it was a form of escapism for me and then I started watching it with my dear grandmother until she passed away. I’ve considered wrestling as a special bond between me and my grandmother so I have always continued watching professional wrestling throughout the years into adulthood. However these days it’s not so much the wrestling but the business side of things that keep me entertained these days. The business side of wrestling is pretty cutthroat and can be just as entertaining if not more than actual wrestling these days. Oh how I miss the old days of the WWE/WWF and especially ECW, those were the glory years of true wrestling.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Random Thoughts Daniel Bryan

Daniel Bryan had an incredible run as the WWE heavyweight champion and the yes movement. Even though I’ve never been a real big Daniel Bryan fan you have to give him a lot of credit. Unlike so many other athletes and people in general he maximized his opportunity until he unfortunately got hurt. In the wrestling business you usually work yourself up to a certain level and then typically compete and are utilized at that level for a while. Unfortunately for Daniel it seems like he’s been very much demoted since his injury to his neck.

The top brass at WWE now has him competing for the Intercontinental championship belt. So far I have read numerous theories, rumors and conspiracies about this. Some people say it is a form of punishment for him for going hurt in the first place. People say he works to stiff in the ring for his own good. There are rumors that certain people at the top management never liked him and are very happy to downgrade him as much as possible. Their feelings were such a small man in comparison to the other athletes can never truly be the face of a wrestling company especially in the WWE. It is said that Vince McMahon and triple H only want to truly promote big hulking bodybuilding type of wrestlers.

And according to this philosophy there is no chance in hell that a guy Daniel size could beat an athlete such as Brock Lesnar whatsoever. However the prevalent theory right now is that since he is not in the heavyweight picture anymore he is being used to elevate Intercontinental championship to a new level. Even so this might be true and like I said before I was never the biggest Daniel Bryan fan it’s still very weird seeing him involved in his current storyline.

It’s weird seeing him in the current storyline and I know he’s still living his dream wrestling in the biggest company in the world but it still seems like it should been put in a better position heading into WrestleMania this year. I truly believe this year the brass at WWE have completely messed up WrestleMania! The only thing appealing to me WrestleMania this year is Sting and triple h and if Brock Lesnar will be renewing his contract with the WWE or go back to mma.

No comments:

Post a Comment