Ever since I was a very young kid I’ve been watching professional wrestling. As a kid it was a form of escapism for me and then I started watching it with my dear grandmother until she passed away. I’ve considered wrestling as a special bond between me and my grandmother so I have always continued watching professional wrestling throughout the years into adulthood. However these days it’s not so much the wrestling but the business side of things that keep me entertained these days. The business side of wrestling is pretty cutthroat and can be just as entertaining if not more than actual wrestling these days. Oh how I miss the old days of the WWE/WWF and especially ECW, those were the glory years of true wrestling.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Man Known As Sting

First of all in today’s day and age there aren’t many wrestlers who have good natural born charisma let alone true great charisma, presence and talking skills. Then you have your specific wrestlers from the past who not only had charisma but in fact had a surplus. In no particular order you had guys like Hulk Hogan, Ric flair, the undertaker, the Wolfpack, Mr. perfect, Rick rude and of course the ultimate warrior just to name a few. Then you have someone who is not only great on the mic when he speaks but is even incredible when he doesn’t say a word. You might be wondering who that wrestler is.

Well that wrestler, that man is Sting. As a short recap when sting was a young wrestler he was your typical California beach body bad boy. Sting had it all the looks, the body the athleticism and he was good on the mic. Sting’s matches were incredibly entertaining to watch and his one-on-one matches with Ric flair are classics without a doubt. However in the later years when he became the dark crow he completely changed his style and personality. In is WCW days he became the crow and hardly spoke a word.

The man hardly spoke a word yet spoke volumes with just a look and a stare. The man spoke not a word yet could outshine other wrestlers who never found the time to shut up and listen to what they were saying and how they were saying it. Then there were his TNA years and quite frankly I like them too. Actually doesn’t matter where sting is he always delivers. Now even though the WWE will make believe he hasn’t wrestled in years he is now in this year’s WrestleMania against triple H. I’m pretty sure this is going be a great match because triple H can still bring it and so can Sting.

In fact am hoping this is not his last match hopefully can go for another couple of years and hopefully face the undertaker at some point, that would be a dream match for many people. I know I may sound like a Sting fan boy at the moment but you have to give credit where credit is due. After all these years Sting is in the WWE hasn’t even really spoke a word yet is heading to WrestleMania as one of its showcase matches. And I for one am pretty excited, hoping the brass in WWE DON’T MESS IT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment